Welcome back to the new academic year! We’ve been busy all summer developing a new training programme to help you keep up with all the new legislation, ensure compliance and and implement effective practice around safeguarding.
As you are aware, ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ has just been updated (September 2019) – so we have commissioned brand new translations of KCSIE Part 1, to reflect the latest changes and updates, to be available mid-September in 11 key community languages. You can download the current versions now at: kcsietranslate.lgfl.net
As well as providing expert training for safeguarding leads, schools must also ensure they keep ALL other staff up to date with developments – this includes the new guidance document ‘Teaching online safety in school’ (DfE, June 2019), and the new curriculum guidance for Relationships education, relationships and sex education (RSE) and health education,mandatory from September 2020. Did you know that the new RSHE (RSE/PSHE) curriculum has 66 mentions of staying safe online?
To help you prepare, sign yourself or a relevant staff member up to our new courses – all at no cost, and delivered by some of the country’s leading experts:
- Official DSL training – full day course offered by experienced local authority trainer with many years’ experience
- County Lines / Child Criminal Exploitation – delivered by a former Met Police Trident expert on gangs and knife crime
- PSHE (RSE / RSHE) training on online safety – includes curriculum mapping time; ideal for multiple colleagues to attend as you prepare for the new subject
- Online Safety Training Featuring CEOP Thinkuknow – ideal for all staff with insights from LGfL and the National Crime Agency’s CEOP Command
- Prevent Duty for School Safeguarding – our new Prevent expert will help senior leaders and governors ensure your school is compliant with the Prevent duty
- Digital Citizenship Training – Common Sense Media are developing their resources for the UK and will train you on how to use them
- SafeConf – major annual safeguarding conference attracting 400+ DSLs each year – book now for March 2020
You can find out more and book for all our training now at safetraining.lgfl.net
And remember, if it’s hard to get out of school you can always join our 4pm TWILIGHT webinars – designed to cover new DfE guidance, livestreaming, bullying, youth violence, fake news, and engaging parents / governors with online safety. Sign up for our webinars now at digisafewebinar.lgfl.net