As schools prepare for Anti-Bullying Week, are ALL your staff are confident when it comes to spotting and challenging inappropriate behaviours?
Are they aware of the consequences of:
And what about the wider safeguarding implications?
So to help – we’ve created 2 new posters at bullying.lgfl.net to get those important discussions started and create a culture where bullying is unacceptable, because picking up on things which may seem like nothing may stop them escalating into something far more serious:
- Watch our Anti-Bullying Week video for top tips and ideas
- Put up the new posters to raise awareness and start those classroom discussions
- Ensure students know how to report abuse through the dedicated NSPCC Report Abuse in Education helpline – find this and other reporting channels to report bullying, harmful content, extremism, child criminal and sexual exploitation at reporting.lgfl.net
- Familiarise yourself with the latest updates on bullying and peer on peer abuse from KCSIE 2021 – see our tracked changes document at safepolicies.lgfl.net
- Empower staff by playing the ‘Spotlight on Bullying‘ cpd video at the start of your next staff briefing
- Plan an assembly and age appropriate lessons from our selection of resources at bullying.lgfl.net – you’ll also find some great parent activities.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments and guidance by attending our training at safetraining.lgfl.net
You can find lots more great ideas and resources in our curriculum blog