This blogpost is specially aimed at Parents and Carers to support their children during these challenging times – do please share it with via your social media and communication channels.
Your children are bound to spend lots more time online and on devices at the moment. DON’T FEEL BAD ABOUT IT – lots will be schoolwork or chatting with friends – so to help them stay safe, healthy and happy, we’ve created a parent fridge-friendly A4 poster of top tips for you. Check out the video below to find out more:
What else can I do?
- Why not put the poster up on your fridge or notice board?
- Download our DigiSafe Daily worksheets (available every day during term time) for simple, child-friendly fun quizzes and a daily top tip to share with them at digisafedaily.lgfl.net
- Show them our new catchy song to sing along to, with animation, colouring sheets and a poster at undressed.lgfl.net
- Make story time productive and fun to get those messages across:
- Online Zoo is great to get young children to think about online risks in a playful, age-appropriate way. Follow Ape Moritz who is addicted to his Smartphone, Panda bear Paul who is being bullied and more
- #Goldilocks: A fairytale for the digital age is a modern tale by Vodafone to help parents discuss online safety with young children & the consequences of being unkind, getting carried away with selfies, or oversharing images
And remember you don’t need to be an expert. Just keep those coversations going, and if you’re not sure about anything, there is plenty of help online for parents. Follow us @LGfLDigiSafe on Twitter or Facebook where we regularly share updates and resources.
Stay safe and well!