Un drôle de blog this time – this is just a round up of the links and ideas and pointers shared today in my sessions at the LGfL TRUSTnet conference.
So apologies for the list, but…it’s a list! Also being shared on the newsletter – sign up at dslcontacts.lgfl.net
Some top viewing tips (not made by us):
- Head to All4 to Educating Greater Manchester (Episodes 3 and 6 look at social media)
- There are great videos on the new BBC Own It site. This one is a favourite!
- ‘What to do in a Banter Escalation Scenario’ from the Stop Speak Support campaign.
Some top viewing tips (from us)
Find out about all the following topics with videos you can use for CPD in your schools with colleagues, all from the DigiSafe conference and open access here.
- Livestreaming from CEOP
- Prevent and radicalisation from various specialist speakers
- Safeguarding in PSHE from the PSHE Association
- Online pornography from the NSPCC and BBFC
- Sexting from the expert who wrote the guidance, and a real-life sexting case study
If you are interested in proactive technical monitoring solution, click here just to let us know current interest as it was a long time ago that we originally asked.
Reminders of LGfL services:
- Filtering, virus and malware protection at services.lgfl.net
- Our appropriate filtering statement on the UK Safer Internet Centre website
- Activate your soft OTP key at support.lgfl.net (>My Account >Register OTP >Replace; install the MS / Google authenticator app, scan the QR code and you’re done)
- Need help with safe settings for Microsoft’s O365 or Google’s G Suite? See the sections on services.lgfl.net and if more needed, (if you are from an LGfL or TRUSTnet school), email firstname.lastname@example.org (G) or email@example.com (MS)
National / official documents
- UKCCIS framework Education for a Connected World
- UKCCIS guidance on visiting online safety speakers (scroll down – not given direct link as update coming soon)
- Keeping Children Safe in Education (the existing one, and the new version for September will be here within the next month)
- Ofsted blog post we talked about
- Sexual harassment & violence DfE guidance, union report and Childnet study – all three are discussed and linked to here
Staying in touch with us
- This blog – safeblog.lgfl.net
- Social media – we are @lgfldigisafe on Twitter and Facebook
- Sign up for the newsletter for DSLs and online safety leads: dslcontacts.lgfl.net
- If you want us to email you (one-off, you won’t get added to a list) when the report of the pupil survey comes out, you can sign up for that here.
Our key links
- Web portal: digisafe.lgfl.net
- Resources page on the portal: saferesources.lgfl.net
- Channel on LGfL TV
- Gangs support – collection of links in the last newsletter here
- And these are all prefiltered pages on saferesources.lgfl.net, but to give you an idea of just a few of the issues covered:
EDIT – 02/05/18
- Laura Higgins joined us from UK Safer Internet Centre’s Professional Online Safety Helpline. Her presentation is here.